H.E. AMNA BINT AHMED AL-RUMAIHI
H.E. Mrs. Amna bint Ahmed Al Rumaihi - Minister of Housing & Urban Planning (Non-independent). Appointed as Chairman of Eskan Bank since June 2022, chairperson of the Remuneration, Nomination, and Corporate Governance committee
- Holds a bachelor’s degree in Business Information Systems (BIS) from the University of Bahrain (UoB).
- Appointed as a member of the Board of Directors of Social Insurance Organization (SIO) pursuant to Royal Decree No. (90) for the year 2019.
- A former member of the Board of Trustees of Bahrain Polytechnic pursuant to Royal Decree No. (25) for the year 2017.
Experience and most important features of H.E. Mrs. Amna bint Ahmed Al Rumaihi’s biography:
- Appointed as Undersecretary of National Economy at the Ministry of Finance and National Economy, pursuant to Royal Decree No. (18) for the year 2021.
- Appointed as Assistant Undersecretary for Competitiveness and Economic Indicators at the Ministry of Finance and National Economy, pursuant to a Royal Decree No. (26) for the year 2019, through which she worked on:
- Leading an economic team dedicated to tracking the Kingdom of Bahrain’s economic and competitiveness indicators, which monitors Bahrain’s progress in all major sectors, both locally and globally.
- Supervising the implementation of the Fiscal and Economic Stimulus Package’s initiatives, which support the sectors majorly impacted by Covid-19 pandemic. As well as supervising the launch of liquidity Support fund (LSF), which aims to support private sector companies and SMEs in overcoming liquidity challenges.
- Providing technical and administrative support to the Ministerial Committee for Financial and Economic Affairs and Fiscal Balance.
- Joined First Deputy Prime Minister Office in 2013 and worked on establishing the Projects Unit, through which she worked on following-up on the implementation of a number of projects within the Government Priorities Framework programs in its 1st and 2nd editions, of which the most important among them are:
- Launching the National Suggestion & Complaint system “Tawasul”, which aims to improve the quality of government services.
- Establishing a system to monitor the performance of more than 120 economic indicators with the aim of issuing knowledge-based decisions.
- Overseeing the process of re-engineering more than 30 government services.
- Participating in the development of a policy for promoting fiscal stability and sustainability.
- Worked in several roles at the Economic Development Board (EDB), starting from a Senior Analyst in the Economic Planning and Development Directorate in 2009, until she became a Senior Officer for Planning and Economic Development, during which she followed-up the implementation of the National Economic Strategy leading towards Bahrain Economic Vision 2030, with a focus on the financial services sector’s initiatives. That’s in addition to contributing in many economic research and studies.
- Worked at Bahrain Bourse in 2006.
- Honored with His Majesty the King’s Proficiency Medal in 2017.